On Sunday we wrapped up our Bold 40 day Spiritual Journey. By all accounts, it was an incredible time of growth, stretching and connection for all of us.
One of the things that has sustained people’s intimacy with God for hundreds of years is a personal quiet time with God each day. You can read this post for helpful tips and resources on how to keep a personal devotion time each day.
Today, I want to find out what what your highlights were from the Spiritual Journey.
Here are some of mine:
- It was great for my family. This is probably my biggest take away. When our kids became teens, we encouraged them to do devotions on their own and that’s what we all did. Bold brought formal devotions back to the dinner table for us. It was such a meaningful experience I’m going to keep devotions around the table for a while to come.
- I realized how timid I can be. Reading bold story after bold story made me realize how safe I like to be. I’m repenting from that.
- My community group’s prayer walk was so good. We spent an hour walking through some streets in Orillia praying for Orillia. I particularly found our prayer for Lakehead University to be really moving as we thought about the students inside.
- I loved the varied scripture passage selection. Reading bold stories from all over the bible reminded me of how being Bold is an essential part of having faith, and that our boldest moments are our best moments.
- Hearing from different writers was great. Many of the devotions were incredible. Hearing how different people respond to different stories amazed me. We have an incredible group of people who call Connexus home.
How about you? What were some personal highlights from the spiritual journey for you?
How did God use this time to stretch and grow you?