Over the years that I’ve been a pastor I’ve bumped into question after question that people have that we believe have a single answer. In the last couple weeks it seems like I’ve bumped into a number of people again with questions in a wide variety of forms that this single answer is the right direction for them. As leaders, we want to keep people focused on this aspect of our ministry approach and ensure that everyone has a chance to experience this single environment.
What is this most common answer that I end up telling people? Community Group.
- I want to go deep in my faith with Jesus. How do I do that at Connexus?
- Get into a Community Group and start applying what you know. Community has a way of helping you see what your next step in your own spiritual journey is. It also provides the great challenge of relating to people a wide variety of spiritual backgrounds.
- If stuff comes up in a my life and I need someone to talk to about it – who do I talk to?
- You’re Community Group! We believe that the best way for you to be cared for in a time of crisis in your life is other friends who can help you through those times. We really don’t plan on having a robust "pastoral support" system outside of Community Groups. Get into a Community Group today. Life happens – it’s good to have community around you when it does.
- How do a I get plugged into Connexus? I don’t feel like I know anyone.
- Get into a Community Group and meet some people! Sociologists believe that when a group gets to the size of about 200 people it’s nearly impossible to feel like you know anyone. I’ve got some news for you . . . we’re passed that on Sunday morning at both of our Campuses. If you are looking for Sunday morning to be the place to feel a sense of community . . . you are doing to be disappointed. Get into a Community Group.
We really do believe that Community Groups is where it is at at Connexus. To put it plainly . . . if you are at Connexus and not in a Community Group – you are missing out. Your experience is going to incomplete. It’s always going to feel like it’s missing something. What it’s "missing" is a Community Group experience!
How do a I get connected to a Community Group? Great Question! (Ok . . . so I think I may be going overboard on answering my own questions.) This Saturday we are hosting an event called GroupLink. GroupLink is a two-hour event where you will connect with others and
form a community group. Community Groups are small groups of eight to twelve people that
meet weekly in someone’s home for fellowship, Bible study, and prayer. The next GroupLink is Saturday, April 26th from 7 – 9 p.m. – Georgian Manor Banquet Hall. 52 Morrow Road Barrie, Ontario This is an all-campus event that will be hosted in Barrie.
We still have some space available at GroupLink. Email [email protected] right now to register!
Executive Director of Operations
Connexus Community Church