I love Christmas. If you’ve been at our campuses this month, the Christmas songs have started. Our Christmas series starts soon.
In my books, hardly anything beats Christmas Eve.
Here are five reasons why Christmas is one of the best times to (boldly) invite your friends
1. It’s one of the few times the world still pauses to celebrate something central to Christianity. (Maybe it’s because we haven’t forgotten how central Jesus’ coming is to life itself.)
2. Because it’s Christmas, it’s one of those moments where your friends are most likely to say yes.
3. The songs we sing and the event we celebrate are things they are already familiar with.
4. We do Christmas in a familiar but surprising way that can help people access the central message of Jesus’ love for them.
5. Many people are looking for something meaningful to do at Christmas…they just don’t know where to turn.
The good news is you already love to invite your friends. Last year, we broke fire code at one service and were at capacity at others. In order to help with that this year, we’ve added an extra service (we’re doing six Christmas Eve services) and we’ve moved to a free ticketing system for Christmas Eve.
Simply click here to reserve tickets for you and your family.
Once you’re on the event page:
1. Choose your campus.
2. Click attend and order your tickets for the service you want to go to.
3. Then simply print them and bring them with you Christmas Eve.
We’re looking forward to hosting more people than ever before. We have Christmas Eve services
At our Orillia Campus at 2:00 and 3:30 p.m. Tuesday December 24th (Hawkridge Golf and Country Club)
At our Barrie Campus at 2:00, 3:30, 5:00 and 6:30 p.m. Tuesday December 24th (Barrie Golf and Country Club)
Child care will be offered on Christmas eve at the 2:00 and 3:30 services in each city.
We’ll have regular services on Sunday, December 22nd at each campus and no services December 30th. Then we kick off the New Year on Sunday, January 6th.
Hope to see you, your family and your friends Christmas Eve!