We are about one month away from the center point of not only the Christian faith, but I think as we'll all see one day, the center point of human history — Good Friday and Easter. While Christmas gets all the hype, there are no more meaningful celebrations than these.
We hope you'll use the month leading up to Easter to pray about who you will bring with you, and then invite them along. You can always use the e-vite on our home page, or just pick up the phone and talk about it.
So get out your calendars and mark this down:
- Good Friday, March 21st | 10:00 a.m. | Galaxy Cinemas | Barrie and Orillia campuses. A single service at both campuses will mark the day we remember Jesus' death and what it means. We're prerecording my message (Nooma style) so it can be used simultaneously at each campus. We'll also celebrate communion for the first time as a community. Don't miss it. Waumba Land and Upstreet will run at each campus.
- Easter Sunday, March 23rd | 8:30 & 10:00 a.m. |Galaxy Cinemas | Barrie and Orillia campuses. Bring everyone you know for a profound celebration of the event that changed everything.
- In Barrie, we'll kick off a brand new series called Jesus the Guru: Awakening to the Ultimate Eastern Spiritual Leader. It's a five week exploration of eastern religious experiences that will show us how what we long for in our exploration of eastern spirituality is actually found in the Jesus of the Bible. A great series to bring your friends who are into new age, alternative spirituality and in fact anyone who is "spiritual" but not sure how to treat Christ.
- In Orillia, we'll wrap up a series I'm so excited about called Playing God, all about the use of power. Easter Sunday, we'll see how on the cross and in the tomb, Jesus combines ultimate power with ultimate humility, and what that can mean for our lives. It's an Orillia-only message for Easter Sunday. (Jesus the Guru begins the first Sunday after Easter in Orillia).
- All family ministry environments run at all services Easter Sunday, as per usual.
So there you have it. I am so thrilled, expectant and joyful as we count down the time to our first Easter together. Let's really pray into it and ask God to leverage it in every possible way He imagines.