This weekend we're going to launch the Orillia campus of Connexus the week after we launched Barrie.
In church planting circles, when you launch two campuses within a week of each other when you are a brand new organization, this is officially known as "nuts". But I think we're going to do it anyway. I think what you have displayed in heart, faith and sacrifice will more than make up for everything else. Barrie was so amazing last weekend, that I can't imagine Orillia being anything but that this coming weekend.
So here are some drill down details.
Orillia Campus – Galaxy Cinemas at West Ridge Place
- 6 a.m. sharp | Saturday, November 24th. All Orillia e-team volunteers are on deck as we get a first glimpse of the Orillia gear. We'll unload it, unpack it, admire it, test it, repack it and reload it. We're out by noon.
- 10:00 a.m. | Saturday, November 24th. All Orillia host team and family team members are invited to join us to observe the gear as it's set up and get a basic orientation to actual Sunday set up. The music team is also welcome to come and kick the tires!
- 6:00 a.m. | Sunday, November 25th. E-team arrives to unload for real and set up for the first Orillia 8:30 service. Other serving teams please find out from your leaders Saturday or watch your in box to see exactly when your leader wants you present!
- 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.| Sunday, November 25th. Our first Orillia soft-launch services. If you can put up with a few hiccups, make sure you don't miss worship. Full band, the first sample of children's and student ministry to come, plus I'll start an all-new two week series called "Leap" — cuz that's what we're doin'!
Barrie Campus – Galaxy Cinemas at 72 Commerce Park Drive, South Barrie
- Saturday, November 24th. Nothing! You did so well last weekend. Pray for your Orillia sisters and brothers.
- 6:00 a.m. | Sunday, November 25th. E-team arrives to
unload for real and set up for week two of soft launch. Other
serving teams please be present by 7:45 a.m. at the latest or earlier as your team leader directs you!
- 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m.| Sunday, November 25th. Our second full soft-launch Sunday. Barrie Connexus people are all invited (no friends until the grand opening next week please). We'll still have the hiccups, but we'll also have a full band, week two of our children's environments (Waumba Land, UpStreet and Xtreme) plus I'll finish the "Leap" series with a message I am very excited about — on what this is really all about and why it matters.
A couple of other reminders:
- You can still sign up to serve. People are contacting us daily to serve. Thank you! But there's still room, especially on the Barrie campus. Emails us at [email protected] and we'll direct you to the appropriate leader! This is an all-hand-on-deck moment, so please grab a mop!
- We would love for everyone to consider making an over-and-above gift to launch Connexus. To those of you who have pledged, thank you! We look forward to receiving your pledges as soon as possible (this is a big cash flow month as we need to pay for our gear!). For those of you who have not pledged but would like the opportunity, please contact Rich Birch and he'll get back to you with full details. You can bring your pledge in Sunday at either campus or mail it to Connexus Community Church | P.O. Box 277 Orillia ON L3V 6J6.
- We will be able to receive a regular weekly offering at both campuses this weekend. If you ultimately desire a charitable receipt for your giving, remember to stop by the finance table at either campus and pick up a donor package, sign the acknowledgment form, and hand it in. This will make your donations ultimately eligible for a tax receipt when we get our charitable status next year.
- The public launch dates are only one week away in Barrie and two weeks away in Orillia. Remember to tell your friends, and be sure to bring them along December 2nd and December 9th. What a great opportunity to tell others about Jesus. I posted some thoughts on my personal blog about how to share your faith with others, which you may find helpful. It's way less intimidating than we think!
Can't wait to see you at both campuses this weekend. Pray for God's Spirit to move and be very present as we gather for the first time in two locations!