The beginning of September often feels like a new year. It’s a time of change and new routines – especially for families, students, and in our workplaces. Have you felt that way? Our routines create our reality.
It’s can be a great time to ask yourself, how do I start this season off well for myself and for those around me?
We’ve been thinking about how to help you start well at Connexus. In fact, we’ve designed Back To School on Sunday, September 8th as a morning to help you start things off right! Here’s how this Sunday will be a great help:
- Start the fall by focussing on your healthy and unhealthy patterns and relationships. Carey Nieuwhof, our Founding and Teaching Pastor, is kicking off a brand new series called Add, Follow, Block. What and who we follow shapes who we are becoming. How can we make decisions about our lives and relationships that will help us thrive this Fall? Can’t wait to answer that. It’s such a great series to invite a friend to join you. Who could you bring with you?
- Build an authentic community around yourself so you can grow. Not only will this Sunday be a great experience for you, but our Small Group communities also open up for online registration on September 8th. You will find them here on that date.
- Set your kids up with a great Fall start at Connexus. This Sunday will also be “move up” Sunday. The morning where kids move up to the next grade! It’s the best morning to set them up for success as our leaders spiritually invest in them this coming year.
- Get in the corner of families in need. At this time of year, school snacks are in high demand by families who get support from our community partners. So on this Sunday, start the Fall off right by bringing a bags of school snacks for the Salvation Army and Barrie Food Bank! Let’s let these local families and these community partners know that we are FOR them! We want to wow them with school snacks!
- Really connect with God during this Fall. If you’ve never seen it, here is a link to some of our staff’s favourite YouVersion devotionals. This is a link to a devotional I read this summer that I loved! It’s really helped me reflect and grow in my relationship with Jesus. Maybe a regular time to connect with God is a routine you want to start.
Think about it – What if Sunday, September 8th is the morning you start the Fall off by focusing on your growth, making a difference, leading your family well, finding a community where you can grow, and beginning a journey with a friend. All in one morning!
We can’t wait for all that God has in store at Connexus this Fall! Our team is already counting down the days to Sunday, September 8th!
See you there!