So can you believe we are less than a month away from launch? Pretty amazing. If you think about all that has to be done between now and then it’s enough to either make you want to take an early vacation, or actually lean hard into God and roll up your sleeves. I like the second option, personally, and that’s what I’ll be doing.
Hope you had a great Sunday in private or public worship. I heard it was an encouraging Sunday at Trinity, and it was awesome that Connexus people were there to encourage and participate on Sunday. I was watching it snow in Calgary as I caught a connector flight home from BC, but managed to get to a pretty powerful evening service at a great church in Barrie.
Here’s the latest on what’s happening at Connexus.
- Our first real Sunday gathering happens this Sunday, November 11th at 10:00 a.m. at the Galaxy in Barrie. If you are going to help out at any campus, be there. We’ll pray together and then get a basic orientation to the ministry you’ll be serving in. If you haven’t signed up to serve, there are three ways to let us know you’re in!
- Return the volunteer card you got at our launch meetings (we paid the postage, shouldn’t be that hard!)
- Email us at email@example.com to tell us you’re in and where you would like to serve.
- Show up on Sunday and sign up then.
- While any of the above three options is fine, knowing you’re going to help before Sunday helps us tremendously in organizing the teams this week. Remember, we are starting our data base from zero (no data base information was transfered from Trinity to Connexus at the Presbytery’s request). So if at all possible, drop us a line.
- We love kids (okay, that’s not really an update). But since this Sunday is a volunteer training event, we still want families to come. Children birth – preschool will be cared for and older kids (up to grade 5) will watch a special private screening of the Bee Movie, while mom, dad and older siblings pitch in to train and serve.
- We’ll be opening a means for people to give to Connexus in person this coming weekend. Thank you for your incredible generosity in this last month. We know there are still many families considering what they will give to help launch Connexus. Thanks for all you are doing!
- The portable church gear is ordered and on its way for late next week in time for soft-launch in Barrie on the 17th/18th and in Orillia on the 24th/25th.
- Watch for this blog to change into a pretty kickin’ web-site by mid month! In the meantime, I’ve launched a personal blog that talks about a lot of things Connexus and faith-related. Feel free to visit and share your views!
- Watch for a media campaign to begin later this month, telling your friends and neigbhbours about Connexus. But remember, it’s no substitute for personal invitation…so invest and invite!
Thanks for the daily flow of encouraging emails and for your steady prayers. Let’s ask God to make this all He imagines. Nothing more, but certainly nothing less.
Grateful to be in this with you!