After months of looking for the "right" space and on our start-up budget, we’ve struck an near-final deal for office space for Connexus staff and volunteers. We’re hoping to finalize the deal this weekend, and then starting later this month we’ll be moving into our new digs in south end of Barrie.
Great things about the space:
- It’s slightly under our budget, but gives us room to grow to 20 staff (the unit is just over 2400 square feet). That’s a real sweet spot to be in financially and for future growth.
- It’s got a garage door at the back so we can load our gear in and out for maintenance/training
- Great visibility on Bryne Drive
- We negotiated a great price on contents so we secured a phone system, desks, chairs and more with the unit
- Having a real office should help everyone’s productivity
Since we launched, the Connexus staff has been bunkered in a top secret location in Oro-Medonte (I just like saying that because it sounds so intriguing. The location isn’t top secret – it’s an elder’s basement. And we’re grateful for his family’s generosity!)
It will need some paint, and as funds come in, we’ll finish it more nicely. In the meantime, we want to put your money to work in the "public interface" of Sunday morning environments, staffing, groups ministry and changing lives, rather than just having chic digs.
Watch for more on this as the details are ironed out. Thanks for your prayers and your partnership.