It was a crazy kind of day at Connexus. The kind of day I love. Some highlights:
- Our volunteers rocked. What more can I say? You folks are just the BEST. We love our volunteers so much that we do special things just for them. Don't miss the craziness we have planned January 23rd for the Volunter HoeDown. Be there, or be a square dance. Or something like that…. (Hey, you can be a volunteer too. Find out how in two weeks).
- The #1 way people are finding out about Connexus is word of mouth.
Quite simply, people are coming because a friend invited them. That's
- We are starting to hit capacity issues. Thank you for understanding if we couldn't squeeze your kids into our family ministry environments this morning. We had to close Waumba Land at both campuses at 10:00 a.m. because we had more babies than we could handle. Just trying to keep it all together. I think one or two other environments hit their maximum levels too. Remember, the reason people are coming is to enter a growing relationship with Jesus. We'll do all we can to keep accomodating that. Expansion plans on how to expand family ministry and even do an overflow theater for adults are on the drawing board. But…
- …Before we get there. There's an easier way to solve the 10:00 a.m. congestion thing. Start going to 8:30.
- Barrie families? Love 10:00 a.m.? Move to 8:30. It's the same service…same music…same message, just a little less crowded. Moving to 8:30 would free up some seats at 10:00 a.m. and give you and your friends lots of space to hang out. Plus the coffee's real hot at 8:30.
- The same deal was happening in Orillia today. People actually had to sit in the dreaded lower section near the front because there was no space up top. Want prime seats? Come to the 8:30 service!
- I met a couple today at our Barrie campus who were with us for the fourth time. He grew up Roman Catholic. She was raised in a mainline denomination. They both quit church when they were kids and are connecting in a church for the first time in their adult lives as a couple. They're expecting their first child in April. They came because one of our volunteers invited them. When I told them our next series was about parenting, they thought I was writing the series just for them. I'm so excited that we get to teach the Bible in a way that is so unbelievably relevant. Because the Bible is so unbelievably well, relevant.
- God is using you to make a difference. This week, think about the dozens or hundreds of people you'll interact with and ask how you apply practical teaching to whatever you're dealing with and look for providential relationships God might be asking you to step into. You'll be amazed at how your faith grows.
- Group Link is coming up next Sunday evening, January 18th. Click for details. Thank you Barrie for signing up en masse for Group Link. Many people responded to the message on Providential Relationship by signing up for Group Link. Perfect! You NEED to be in a group. Next week, the message on Providential Relationships heads to O-Town.
- All of this is a trust from God. I am so keenly aware of the fact that everyone who walks through the door of Connexus or past the door of Connexus is someone Jesus died for and someone He loves deeply. That we get to intersect their lives is simply grace on God's part. Somehow, we get to partner is this divine opporunity to help people move into a growing relationship with Jesus. I feel so grateful that we even get to be a part of this. It's sacred stuff!
- I was having so much fun today I didn't even feel the pain of my Friday afternoon work out this morning. Sitting here this afternoon I can barely move my arms. I guess I really worked the muscles on Friday. That's the deal with having a personal trainer – they push you way out of your comfort zone. I hope church is like that for you too. Expect I hope it doesn't make you sore.
Okay…that's enough. Can't wait to see what God does next. Thanks for hanging in and making Connexus a fantastic environment to bring our friends to. Love doing this with you. So grateful to God for the lives He is changing, including mine.