As we move into the most exciting chapter of our life together at Connexus, we’re getting ready in many ways.
On that note, we’ve got some great news to announce this week. Our team grows again – this time by two!
This summer we’re welcoming two new members to our team, Andy Harvey and Linda Goodall.
Andy, his wife Lydia, their son Andy Jr have been part of the Connexus community for many years, and Tuesday August 12th will be the first day Andy will be in our offices.
If you see Andy around, make sure to say hello this August. And, of course, you can drop Andy a line (email@example.com).
Some fun facts about the Harvey family:
- They’ve been around Connexus since inception in 2007.
- In Andy’s free time, you’ll find him exploring new places in the world.
- The Harvey’s claim their 14 year old black lab is bilingual (Spanish/English), just as they are.
- If Andy could only survive off one food – it would be ice cream. But he loves to cook.
So what will Andy do? Who knows what ministry leaders do all week? Okay, not really.
Andy brings a wealth of experience from two decades in senior leadership in the hospitality industry, where he most recently served as an advisor to the CEO of a major Toronto holiday company.
In his role as Executive Director of Ministry, Andy’s job is to walk alongside staff to provide coaching, support and development. He’ll oversee our Service Programming Department, and will work with our staff and volunteer teams to help us do the best job we can at building irresistible environments to create a church that unchurched people love to attend. He will also oversee our campuses and help ensure our groups reach their full potential as we grow in the next few years.
Andy’s got a great sense of humour, a real heart for God and a love for people.
Linda Goodall – our new Office Manager – joined us full-time earlier this summer to fill the maternity leave position of the Office Manager. Linda most recently served as family services coordinator for the Salvation Army in Orillia overseeing the outreach program, managing community volunteers and acting as the public relations representative. Linda brings great organizational skills and a great personality to her role at Connexus.
Linda, her husband Kevin, and their 3 children, Meghan, Nathan and Jenna, started attending Connexus Church in Orillia several years ago, and they were first invited by neighbours!
If you haven’t already, make sure to welcome Linda. And, of course, you can drop Linda a line (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Some fun facts about Linda and the Goodalls:
- Linda and her family were invited to Connexus by a friend in the school yard. Before that invitation, she and her family had never been a part of a church community! Life has changed in some incredible ways since that day.
- Linda is a social butterfly – loves hanging out with her family, camping, going for coffee with friends and volunteering in the community. But when she needs alone time, she’ll run, write or read.
- Cooking at the Goodall’s is an adventure! They turn the music up really loud, then sing and dance like crazy! The “I-wouldn’t-be-seen-in-public-
with-my-parents” kind of crazy. We hear it’s a blast… want to try it?
- If linda could only survive off one thing, it would be dark mint chocolate. It’s her weakness!
So what does Linda do? Her main job is to manage the Connexus Office and enable the mission and vision of Connexus is realized through great administrative organization. She oversees a team of volunteers that make the administrative aspects of our ministry hum, and on the weekends helps lead Guest services at Connexus Orillia.
We’re so thankful that Andy, Linda and their families are here at Connexus. Please remember them – and our mission – in your prayers!