The launch of Connexus is less than six weeks away for Barrie, and seven weeks away for Orillia. Each of you reading this blog has a role to play in the next month to help the launch happen.
Quite honestly, if our staff and elders all worked 24/7 until December 2nd with zero sleep and no meals, the launch still wouldn’t happen. There’s too much to do. Plus, it wouldn’t nearly be as much fun or rewarding. AND — you wouldn’t have the opportunity to be part of something that we believe is going to be amazing and historic. So, we are building an incredible to launch this ministry, and you’re invited to be a part of it.
Imagine using your energy and time to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus. Imagine seeing that you played a role in shaping and building irresistible environments for people to encounter Jesus from the ground up.
So how can you get involved?
The best way for you to get involved at this point is to be at our next Connexus launch meeting this Saturday, October 27th at 10:00 a.m. in the Galaxy Cinemas at WestRidge Place in Orillia. Even if you plan on being part of the Barrie launch but missed last Saturday’s Barrie launch meeting, come to Orillia this Saturday. That’s your best way to hear about each opportunity and actually plug in.
We’re using those meetings to build our team and giving people to partner with us in every way. You’ll hear the vision, get a chance to sign up to be part of the team. We’ll actually need over 400 volunteers working together over the next month to launch Connexus (200 in each location), so don’t miss out.
One of the questions we still get from time to time is "what are we doing in November"? After a brief single Sunday "off" on November 4th, we’ll be working weekends to train volunteers, run "soft launch" services where we basically do a dress rehearsal, and get everyone working together for what we anticipate will be an amazing December. So we’ll be fully engaged on every other weekend in November.
How can you help? Consider these opportunities:
- 120 people will be part of our e-teams (environment teams) for each Sunday. 20 people each weekend in each location will be on a three week rotation (one weekend on, two off) to unload all the portable church gear and then load it back up by noon on each campus.
- Small group leaders, story tellers, dancers, musicians and more will fuel the ministry in Waumba Land, UpStreet and Xtreme each Sunday.
- Our growing host team will train to welcome people, help people park, distribute resources, and pour coffee and make popcorn.
- Tech teams will be trained and assembled over November to run cameras, sound board and all kinds of gear.
- Musicians and hosts will staff the environments every Sunday in both locations. Remember, everything is live and local in Orillia except the message!
- Plus we need dozens of other volunteers in admin, databasing and more.
What matters most now, as we move to launch, is for everyone to plug into serving as we gear up for December.
Two questions: How will you serve, and what aspect of serving are you most excited about?
We’ll talk more in Orillia on Saturday. Don’t miss it, and don’t miss the opportunity.